Thursday, April 15, 2010

iPad + Children's Books

When I gave my lecture at the end of my Picture Book semester at Vermont College of Fine Arts, I concluded my talk about the history of Picture Book Biographies by saying that the new MP3 players dedicated to one book (Playaways) were good -- but would even better would be if they could show the pictures of the picture book biography along with the story.

Now -- here comes the iPad which will do just that -- in a larger, readable format.

We now have actual electronic lap books that parents can share with their children, sitting side-by-side, just like the traditional picture books. For more about this development, I direct you to this article in Publisher's Weekly.
(I don't know how long these links to articles in magazines are active, but this is what I read today.)
-wendieO

No comments: